Returning to school during a pandemic may seem like a crazy notion, but schools across the country are planning to implement special precautions to keep students, teachers, and parents safe and healthy. Some students may return to half-capacity classrooms. Others could wind up continuing their education online. Whatever the back-to-school plans look like in your area, it’s important to make sure your kids are prepared!
If Human Design teaches us one thing, it’s that we’re all unique. There are varying mindsets on what or how things should be happening, but we all have one thing in common as parents, to keep our kids safe and help them learn and grow.
Here are some tips to help you out as we head into the new school year.
With kids returning to school, many parents are worried that their children could bring the coronavirus home with them.
- Teach your kids the proper way to wash their hands.
- Pack some hand sanitizer in your kids’ backpacks.
- Learn how to clean and disinfect your home properly.
- Remember, you can save money on cleaning products by making your own!
Preparing for a Different Kind of Classroom
School reopenings are likely to include online classes, so make sure your family is ready for virtual learning!
- Know where to go for community information and local coronavirus resources.
- Find ways to help your children stay focused on at-home learning.
- Use stands to let your children use their tablets hands-free.
- Create a fun visual calendar to organize your kids’ daily schedule.
Getting Your Kids Up to Speed
Worried that your kids are falling behind during school closures? Help them keep learning at home!
- Download some educational apps to your smartphone or tablet.
- Play mentally challenging board games with your kids.
- Get out of the house for some educational outings.
Ready for the new school year? If you’re feeling unprepared, you’re certainly not alone! Most parents have no idea what to expect when it comes to school reopenings. While you might not know when or how your kids will return to school, you can take some steps today to prepare your kids for a smooth transition!
Do you have any tips for parents? Comment below. 🙂